Sunday, August 24, 2014

Summer Flower Techinique

Hello there!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I've discovered what could possibly be my new favorite thing to play with ... color mists! What started out as one bottle has rapidly grown to 6 bottles almost over night. Another thing for me to collect! I love all the rich colors they come in as well as the luminous glitter in it. I like my sparkle, and these create such an interesting rich shimmer.

There are so many fun things to do with them, and I found another way to use them. Seeing all these gorgeous summer flowers around, and no way to really save them I went straight to the mists. I turned real garden flowers into stamps.



I used the technique on a page where I made my Mom and Auntie their own flower bouquets, how perfect to make my own paper of flowers inspired by their flowers.

And I'll show you the process, which was a bit messy, but really worth it in the end result!

Flat flowers or petals that are a bit
stiffer work best! Hold the flower
 and spray a few times, shake the
excess off so it isn't so soaking wet. 
Place on paper and press down.
Make sure to push the petals down
 and the center so you can get as
 much of the texture as possible.
Lift up! Repeat again, the second time usually works better to get more of the texture since there isn't as much mist so it won't look so much like a blob.
The possibilities of these sprays are really endless and can be used in so many creative ways! 




No comments:

Post a Comment